Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012 #2

McKennlie had a very eventful day today. She was able to have her vent pulled HOORAY! She is doing so great working with the physical and occupational therapists and is trying so hard to do whatever they ask her to do. She has pushed against them with her legs, squeezed their hand and let it go, and gave her a high five (with a little help). She is doing so great doing her breathing on her own. This little girl is truly our miracle. She just keeps moving forward even when the experts said she wouldn't or couldn't. We are so grateful for this wonderful blessing from our Father in Heaven that he is allowing us to keep this angel. Keep the prayers coming we are going to need them through out her recovery. The physical therapists have asked that we limit visitors to allow them more productive time with Kennlie (so she is not tired out). They need her at her very best so they can help her get better. They are going to be working with her a lot more and lots of visitors will wear her out. Thank you again for all you have done for our family.

9 comments:

  1. way to go McKennlie!!!!! You show those doctors whos boss! Chris & Melanie continue being strong, just as many prayers are being said on your behalf. You are such an amazing family! Our kids are so excited when we see updates and pictures of you guys. We love you and will continue praying.
    Love, Jeremy, Kristin, Gabbi, Jered, Tayler, Mattisyn, & Harper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news!! She has came so far in just the last couple of days. I am so glad to have been able to meet you guys!! Wish it was a different situation though. Not meeting at PCMC!! I am so happy that she is doing better!! Keeping you & your adorable family in our prayers!! BTW if you don't remember me we met @ the CICU/PICU parent lunch hour last week :0D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor right?? How's your little girl doing? We were walking around level 3 the other day and I could have sworn we saw you in a room. Is that right? You are so sweet!!! Thanks for leaving a message. Hope everything goes great for you guys!

      Delete
  3. What great news! Looking back to just one week ago, it is amazing to see all the progress she has made! It just proves that faith, prayer, a loving Father in Heaven and a strong-spirited girl can exceed all expectations! I have no doubt that McKennlie is being prepared for all the wonderful things she will do with her life!
    With love,
    Shara (Robinson) Cochran

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following McKennlie's progress ever since Cheryn posted the link on Facebook. I pray for McKennlie's continued success. The Provost family has always had a special place in my heart.
    Much Love,
    Briana Marshall
    (I used to live in the Roy 7th ward)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mel! Oh my gosh Melissa just told me about her accident! I hope you guys are holding up ok!!! We are praying for McKennlie and you as well! Just know that I love you.

    Jill Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been praying for your little girl since someone told me about her accident, and I'm glad to see she is doing so well. I recently made a donation to Primary's that you might be interested in. I donated mother and daughter bracelet sets for mothers whose daughters pass on. I feel that, while your daughter is making a miraculous recovery, you should have a set of these bracelets for you and her. The social worker should have them, if you're interested in taking a look. Good luck with everything and I will continue praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you all :) keep up the good work Mckennlie love you! :) I'm so grateful that Father in Heaven has been mindful of your family. Take care ya'll!

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea!!! So happy to hear of the progress! You continue to be part of our prayers! Love you!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete