Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9,2012

Today marks the two month mark from the day of the accident. It is amazing to think back through all the tears, smiles, blessings,  heart stopping moments, relief, graditude and every other emotion you can imagine! We are so grateful that we are where we are today and that McKennlie has come so far towards her recovery. Yesterday McKennlie said " I took 6 steps and I have 6 days until I get to go home"! We are all so overwhelmed with all of the tender mercies from each of you and from our Father in Heaven. We are going to be having a BIG SURPRISE PARTY for McKennlie next Wednesday August 15th it will start at 6:30 and go until 8:30. We will be having it in Chris and Mel's backyard. They would love to see all of the people they love so much and we know you all can't wait to see McKennlie!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it has been two long months since the accident. Little did we know how it would forever change us all. You are our examples of faith, hope, strength and love! What a summer it has been without you here to share it with us. We have missed you all everyday! We can not wait until next week when you all come home! You are and will always be our eternal friends!! Love The Christensen's

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being surprised by all my friends and family when I finally got to come home from the hospital. It is something she will remember forever. I was a bit overwhelmed and needed a nap after but I loved it. So will she.

    ReplyDelete