Monday, June 10, 2013

ONE YEAR

Yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of our sweet McKennlie's accident.  I have been very thoughtful lately, just trying to wrap my head around everything that has happened in the last year.  First of all, I can't believe it has been a year.  I honestly feel like it just happened, and it still feels so fresh. BUT when I think about everything she has been able to accomplish and I look back and realize how far she has come, I am amazed!  Truly amazed and grateful.  When I woke up yesterday and looked at my beautiful daughter, I pulled her into my arms and squeezed her so tight.  I whispered in her ear, "I love you so much, and I'm so grateful that we're not in the hospital today!"  She pulled away, smiled, and said, "me too!"
Even though there are still things we're working on with her, and things that are still so frustrating to her, we continue to press forward with faith and KNOW that she will be made whole.  My life has been forever changed, and my faith forever strengthened through this amazing experience.  I will never be the same, but that is a good thing.  There have been times throughout this trial when I didn't think I was going to make it.  There were so many moments of despair and sadness that I thought I was going to be swallowed up in it.  Then I would drop to my knees and call upon Heavenly Father for help.  HE was ALWAYS there!  It was in those moments that I truly learned what faith was, and what it felt like to be carried by something I couldn't see.  I just want everyone to remember that miracles are real!  Jesus Chris LIVES, and Heavenly Father hears EVERY prayer.  I know this to be true.  I am overwhelmed to think about everything that was done for our family over the past year, and it still continues today.  Thank you for EVERYTHING.  We still could not make it through this without everyone's prayers, love, and support.
With love,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment